Friday 1 May 2009

Walk for water May 4th 2pm Tynemouth

I walked along my corridor at work, up the stairs and made myself a nice cup of tea. if I had a penny for everyone who told me it was a long way down the corridor to see me, I'd be a millionaire! It is so simple for me to quench my thirst, I never have to be without, refreshement and enjoyment on tap.
Water is a vital necessity, but not just the clean, pure stuff that comes from the tap, each day. Jesus used it as a metaphor for life. The Samaritan woman who came under the heat of the midday sun to draw water got much more than she expected from Jesus- recognition, validation of her as a person, not just a hated neighbour, and someone who looked inside her, knew all about her and loved her still. He went on to offer her life, a full life, when she would never be thirsty and have relationship with God forever
When we enable clean water and sanitation, we don't just prevent people from dying prematurely from disease and thirst, we offer the practical expression of love, that says "you matter, have dignity, are important, are human". Its not an added extra, its reflecting the love of God, in those who bear his image.
Walk for Water Monday May 4th 2pm.
We're organising a walk for water. Walkers join in the walk and agree to either be sponsored for taking part or a one-off amount of £4 towards Turn on the Tap. (£1 per mile!), 4 miles so suitable for all ages, including smaller children.
Tynemouth along the beach to Whitley Bay. We will meet at 2pm, at the Priory end of the main street in Tynemouth
http://www.turnonthetap.org.uk/walkforwater


Please contact Andy Carlisle for details andycarlisle@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment